You probably want to relax and enjoy the holidays, but November through January are considered optimal job hunting months. You’re networking at holiday events, your boss may be more relaxed and open to “promotional” conversations, and many companies are trying to fill positions during this time.
If, while focusing on the holidays, you wouldn’t mind fine-tuning and improving your job hunting strategies and skills, then you might want to read Guerrilla Marketing For Job Hunters 3.0 – How to Stand Out from the Crowd and Tap into the Hidden Job Marketing Using Social Media and 999 Other Tactics Today, co-authored by Jay Conrad Levinson and David E. Perry.
The book introduces you to the “secrets of getting hired.”
“The #1 Secret to Getting Hired. Create an awesome plan – clear and detailed in every way – and follow it.”
“The #2 Secret to Getting Hired.” Levinson and Perry suggest you show an employer that you are worth much more to them (value) than you cost (salary and benefits). As a Guerrilla job hunter you are going to learn how to package and promote yourself as a blue-chip stock – to appear like money in the bank to an employer,” an achievable goal with a Guerrilla Plan.
Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters, 3.0 explains how to:
- Build your personal brand and make employers call you.
- Develop a productive attitude and avoid typical job hunter mistakes.
- Build a strategy that helps you crack the hidden job market.
- Develop a competitive edge through research.
- Create cover letters and resumes that will be read, not tossed.
- Discover networking that works.
- Learn how to really use LinkedIn, social media and social networking.
- Break through and meet the people you want to meet.
- Learn from ordinary people whose plans resulted in extraordinary results.
- Understand what to do and say before, during and after an interview.
- Negotiate with confidence.
You’ll find even more how-to’s, as well as invaluable resources that you can use…now or as New Year’s resolutions.